Cisco IOS Switch Config Generator
Using This Tool
You can enter a comma-separated list of interfaces or interface ranges into the "Interfaces" field.
You can specify as many interfaces as you like here.
Interfaces are specified in the form "slot/port"
Interface ranges can be specified as "slot/port1-port2" or "slot/port1-slot/port2"
To save you some typing, you can automatically add commands from the list below into the "Commands" field
above by clicking on them.
- switchport access vlan x
- Put the interface into VLAN x
- switchport mode access
- Make the switch an untagged port (rather than a IEEE 802.1q or ISL trunk port
- speed [auto|10|100]
- Set the line speed for the interface
- duplex [auto|half|full]
- Set the duplex of the interface
- spanning-tree portfast
- Avoid the "Listening" and "Learning" spanning tree states (this commmand should only be applied to interfaces connected to end-stations. Never use this command on a port connecting to another switch or a hub !)
- no logging event link-status
- Don't make entries in the log when the port changes state (useful for user workstation ports which reboot alot)
- no snmp trap link-status
- Don't send an SNMP trap when the port changes state (useful for user workstation ports which reboot alot)
© Eamonn McGonigle, 2002